The State Government identified more than 40 hectares of land within the western suburbs of Adelaide, located between Adelaide’s CBD and the coast, which contains a predominance of South Australian Housing Trust (SAHT) properties (70% of the study area) for renewal under the Renewing our Streets and Suburbs (ROSAS) initiative.
Holmes Dyer prepared the Urban Renewal Framework to meet a range of social and public housing initiatives to improve the quality of life and environment for tenants and others in the area. The Framework addresses a range of objectives:
- Diversify housing and tenure mix and provide greater housing choices;
- Quality urban outcomes and improved neighbourhood amenity;
- New and refurbished social housing suited to tenant needs;
- Increase housing density;
- Sensitive and seamless tenant relocation;
- Economic stimulus as per the Government’s Industry Participation Policy;
- Affordable housing opportunities;
- Private, public and community sector investment;
- Improve quality of dwelling stock through redevelopment; and
- Improve housing infrastructure and streetscapes and opportunities for placemaking.