Holmes Dyer has prepared the latest Master Scheme and Design Guidelines for the Norwest community. The Master Scheme and Design Guidelines provide the framework for consideration of development proposals under the encumbrance. The precinct is transitioning from what was once a light industrial business park into a comprehensive mixed use, high density environment which is focussed upon two new rail stations that provide high speed connectivity to major commercial and residential areas throughout Sydney.
The Master Scheme and Design Guidelines address matters including:
- The governance, regulatory and planning frameworks applicable to the locality;
- The vision and strategic context of Norwest;
- Urban design principles which guide land use, urban form, movement systems and open space;
- Public realm, landscaping, streetscapes and infrastructure design principles;
- Site development and built form standards;
- Adoption of positive changes in technology to create more dynamic, activated public environments; and
- Adoption of environmental sustainability standards that will future-proof the community through transport systems, building and energy efficiency, water management, materials selection and waste management.