The Directors of Holmes Dyer Pty Ltd were responsible for the preparation of an economic and research analysis of the opportunities and impacts of development of the Adelaide Riverbank Plaza, with particular emphasis on the delivery of retailing, hospitality, entertainment, tourist facilities and accommodation, car parking, office and workforce development to the surrounding precinct.
Specific investigations included:
- An outline of a range of alternative concepts and their attributes and shortcomings;
- An impact analysis summary, describing the proposals in terms of key economic metrics;
- Current and future demographic conditions and trends;
- Current and future tourism trends and opportunities;
- An analysis of comparable festival retailing/hospitality projects from around the country and relevant observations for Riverbank;
- The likely drawing power of the development proposal and the wider Riverbank precinct and the various market segments likely to be attracted;
- Commercial floorspace development opportunities;
- Retail floorspace development opportunities;
- Hotel floorspace development opportunities; and
- Car park development requirements.